Bad Hair Day? Try These Foods For Healthy Hair

Who hasn't had a bad hair day? You know the kind of day that regardless of what you do your hair just doesn't look or feel right. I have had more than my share of bad hair days and for some reason it just throws your entire day off. I have had some horrible hair cuts, hideous shades that there aren't even names for and there was even the time that my hair was a not so subtle shade of lavender purple (there was some arguing at my office as to whether it was truly purple or more of a dusty blue hue) due to the combining of one to many colors. Needless to say I don't ever color my own hair anymore. Good news though! If you are looking for shiny, healthy looking hair then you will be happy to know that you can achieve such wonders merely through a healthy diet including some of the foods below.

Manage Your Mane With These Healthy Foods

**Salmon and Flax Seeds- To have healthy hair you need to have a healthy scalp and omega-3 fatty acids are an absolute must! Fortunately you can get your omega-3 fatty acids simply by eating salmon, or if you are a vegetarian like me you can sprinkle some ground flax seeds in your cereal, on a salad or try some flax seed oil.

**Beef-Not only does beef have alot of protein that hair needs but also B vitamins, iron, and zinc. I personally recommend that if you are going to eat beef that you only eat grass fed organic beef that does not contain all the hormones.

**Eggs, Poultry, And Low-Fat Dairy Products-All these foods are high in protein which is an absolute must for healthy hair. When you do not take in enough protein on a regular basis this can cause hair to shed. Eggs are a great way to get your protein if you are a vegetarian like me.

**Nuts-Are a terrific source of zinc. Brazil nuts are said to be a great source of Selenium-a great mineral for your hair. Cashews, almonds and pecans are loaded with zinc so enjoy!

**Soybeans And Brown Rice-These are a great source of biotin, which if you want your hair to be its best you must have.

**Broccoli, Fish, Onions And Sea Vegetables-These are all foods that are rich in silicon and sulfur that hair loves (great for fingernails too).

**Carrots-You have heard that carrots are great for your vision but they are also a wonderful source of vitamin A which promotes a healthy scalp(if you don't have a healthy scalp then you won't have healthy hair).

Go enjoy some of these delicious foods and before you know it you will have the shiny, healthy hair you have always wanted.

Heidi

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good advice. I also like to add a shining oil directly to my hair as well.

    Do you have any pictures of videos of your cat? We would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? I love to send pictures and videos of my cats. Will get some to you soon! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut all my hair off, I don't have bad hair days anymore! LOL So sorry, but I giggled at the debate on purple vs blue hairs. I would've bought a wig! ROFL

    But, these are great tips. I eat some of these. Not a lot of beef or nuts. No flax seeds or soy beans. And, what are sea vegetables? Something tells me after you tell me I'm gonna go DUH I knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Those foods are very helpful to hair. It hardly improve the existing hair but it will support the body to grow NEW and better hair.

    Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, I still have STRINGY and all Im missing are the onions (ick)

    will I give in and try those too?

    who can say...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Good info, I did not know that.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tips sure sound handy but unfortunately I shave my head stupid genes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good list. Glad to see that I am getting quite a few of these in my diet already.

    Love the photo BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...